If You’ve Found a Pet
- If the animal has no identifying tags, go to a nearby vet office; most vets will scan for a microchip ID.
- Bring the lost pet to the shelter during business hours. If necessary, shelter representatives can receive found pets when the shelter is closed, after 8:00 am and before 7:30 pm.
- If you can’t physically bring the pet into the shelter, call the shelter dispatch number at (415) 554-9400 to pick up the animal.
- Download and complete the Found Pet Report (PDF) and bring it to ACC with the pet, where the animal can also be scanned for a microchip. (Get PDF Reader)
- Check the Lost Pet Reports in the shelter lobby.
- Check the Pet Harbor website (www.petharbor.com) but be aware that the site only posts animals available for adoption and not necessarily all impounded animals (strays and found animals) who may be waiting to be evaluated.
There is no fee for bringing a found pet to ACC.