Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control
Why does a tax-supported agency like Animal Care & Control need your support? Simply put, ACC competes for limited city revenues with approximately 75 other municipal agencies. In July 2000, Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control was founded by volunteers to establish funding for vital programs that are not covered by the City budget, which provides basic care.
DONATE ONLINE to Friends of SFACC (External Link) and your tax-deductible gift will directly support these crucial programs:
- Behavior & Training staff, who evaluate animals for adoption, train volunteers, and coordinate fosters for mother dogs/puppies
- Low-cost rabies vaccine/microchip clinics for the public, held at ACC
- Grants for local rescue/adoption partners
- Emergency medical procedures for abused, neglected, or injured animals that require specialized care beyond what ACC veterinarians can provide
- Staff & volunteer appreciation events and special workshops
- Equipment and supplies not covered by the city budget that improve the quality of the animals’ lives in the stressful shelter environment, such as orthopedic dog beds, astroturf in the shelter dog yard, neonatal kitten supplements, and toys and treats for all the animals
Friends of SFACC is a registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit and is an all-volunteer-run organization. Operation costs are low to ensure the animals receive the care and support they need. The federal tax ID is 94-3371620.
You can also help support ACC’s programs through your workplace matching gift program, your estate, online shopping, donating your car, or by planning your own creative fundraising event. For more information on any of the following fundraising programs, please contact email@example.com.
Fundraising Event Ideas…or Invent Your Own
Planning a fundraising event is not only fun, it’s an opportunity to help SFACC’s animals by raising both funding and awareness. You supply the idea, we supply the procedures and guidelines that will make planning a fundraising event easy—and fun. Golf tournaments, marathons, wine tastings, auctions, grand openings, holiday parties, bike-a-thons, walk-a-thons. It’s up to you!
- Host a Toy Drive: Each year Friends of SFACC purchases close to $10,000 in toys and treats for training and also to keep our animals engaged and happy during their stay with us. Businesses can help offset those costs by hosting a toy drive for the animals at our shelter.
- Have a Party or Sports Event: A group or individual can host an event or sponsor an activity and make SFACC the beneficiary. (i.e. an organization may host a golf outing and donate to SFACC a check for the net profits from the event.)
- “Piggy Back” on an Existing Event: Add a third-party fundraising element and receive the income produced from that element. For example, a company may have an annual party and ask their employees to bring donations of new pet toys or canned food for SFACC or, a group can sponsor an annual marathon and offer registrants the opportunity to receive pledges for SFACC.
For more information about fundraising to benefit the shelter animals, including fundraising guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friends of San Francisco Animal Care & Control (FSFACC), including its officers, partners, and volunteers, will not furnish your name, contact information, payment information, postal address, email address or other personal information to third parties without your specific permission.