***OUR ADOPTION PAGES ARE CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, AND NOT ALL OF OUR AVAILABLE ANIMALS ARE LISTED HERE. PLEASE VISIT http://petharbor.com/ OR VISIT THE SHELTER DURING ADOPTION HOURS.***
We strive to help you choose the pet that’s right for you and for the animal you adopt. When you adopt a pet from the Adoption Center at San Francisco Animal Care & Control, you are getting a lifetime of unconditional love. We place thousands of animals into new homes each year and celebrate them one at a time. For tips on selecting the best pet for your lifestyle and home, see Choosing a Pet.
- Search Adoptable ACC Dogs
- Search Adoptable ACC Cats
- Search Adoptable ACC Small Animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, birds, reptiles)
Call us at (415) 554-6364 to verify the animal you want to adopt is still available (for example A333231). If you don’t find the pet you’re looking for in our Animal Adoption Center, check back often as new animals are made available daily.
Visit our adoption partner websites (Bay Area rescue organizations) or search one of the following sites for more adoptable animals:
- PetFinder.com (External Link) – Search by a specific species and breed in this site that lets you search a national database of shelters and rescue groups (over 13,000 organizations).
- Facebook.com (External Link) – Like us on Facebook.com, where you can view more photos and more information about ACC adoptable animals.
Kennels are open for viewing every day from 12:00 noon-6:00 pm (7:00 pm on Wednesdays). The shelter is closed to the public on Legal Holidays and Staff Development Days. We ask that you arrive an hour before the shelter closes to complete an adoption.