ADOPTION – Effective December 1, 2017
Fees may include one or more of the following: A 1-year dog license or lifetime cat registration, spay/neuter surgery, microchip, vaccinations, vet exam. Fees may vary depending upon market value or surgery costs.
|Adoption Fees by Species||Fee|
|Cats – Adult||$138.00|
|Cats – Kittens under 6 months||$166.00|
|Dogs – Adult||$198.00|
|Dogs – Puppies under 6 months||$247.00|
|Rabbits – Female||$70.00|
|Rabbits – Male||$60.00|
|Birds (parakeets, canaries, finches)||Varies|
LICENSE – Effective 8/1/2016
|Dog License Fee by Dog, Owner Status||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years|
|Altered Dog, Senior Citizen Owner||$13.00||$20.00||$25.00|
|Unaltered Dog, Senior Citizen Owner||$32.00||$62.00||$92.00|
|Replacement Dog License Tag||$7.00|
* Lifetime Registration includes a tag. Cats are not required to be licensed but they are easier to identify if lost.
MISCELLANEOUS – Effective 8/1/2016
|Miscellaneous Fees by Specific Service||Fee|
|Daily Care – Dog, Cat, Other Animals||$29.00|
|Daily Care – Small Animals Only||$12.00|
|Dead Animal Disposal||$23.00|
|Duplicate or Replacement License Tag||$7.00|
|Late Charge – License Renewal||$29.00|
|Owner Surrenders Animal – At Shelter||$29.00|
|Owner Surrenders Animal – Field Transport Required||$46.00|
REDEMPTION – Effective 8/1/2016
|Redemption Fees by Animal Type – Status||Fee|
|Dog – Altered||$35.00|
|Dog/Cat – Unaltered||$35.00-$105.00|
|Vaccinations (given at impound)||$11.00|
|Daily care fee for dogs/cats||$29.00/day|
|Daily care fee for small animals||$12.00/day|
Additional information about redemption fees:
- Redemption fees are progressive for all animals: $35 for the first impound, $70 second impound, $105 for third impound.
- An additional state fine is due for unaltered animals as follows: $35 for the first impound, $50 second impound, $100 third impound.
- If the owner of an impounded dog is a San Francisco resident, they must purchase a San Francisco dog license if the dog is not currently licensed, in order to redeem it.
- Fees for any veterinary services that are provided to an animal while in our care may be incurred.
- When an animal is redeemed the owner can also purchase a microchip (for a reduced rate of $11) or request that their animal be spayed or neutered.
If ACC determines that payment of fees by the owner/guardian would cause significant financial difficulty, the fees may be waived by the Director or designee, at their discretion. Effective 8/2016.